We are constantly focused on how we can be a more sustainable business and help our clients to be more sustainable, too. As a result, we’ve been working on a best-practice, custom-built waste disposal yard in Hobsonville that is innovative in many ways. It’s the first of its kind — to our knowledge, no one else in NZ has a plant that recycles disposal waste.
Our new recycling plant offers an environmental and sustainable method of waste disposal. Waste from jobs is put through a process that sees it separated into rock, metal, sand, mud and water — these valuable by-products are all recycled and used for other means including drainage works, roading and landscaping. The recycled water is then reused to supply our hydrovac trucks.
The recycling plant is capable of processing between 100m3 and 150m3 of product per day. Disposal costs are comparable with clearfill disposal — meaning your site waste is disposed of in a responsible and sustainable way at no additional cost to you.
Our aims with this recycling plant:
- Divert waste from landfill
- Ensure an ethical, sustainable disposal method for clients
- Reduce time wasted at drop-off and refill
- Turn the waste into useful by-products that can be re-used
- Add conveyor belts
- Offer the treated water to local contractors and clients for dust suppression
- Add certified scales on site to weigh before and after
We are the only hydrovac company that has our own custom-build recycling plant for waste — in fact, this is the only one we know of NZ.