Our team works with a large West Auckland food manufacturer, helping service and maintain their grease traps and more. Grease traps (also known as grease interceptors, grease recovery devices and grease converters) are plumbing devices that work to trap most greases and solids before they enter wastewater. They’re used in commercial kitchens and manufacturing operations and need cleaning regularly, to prevent buildup and blockages.
If regular servicing and maintenance of these devices isn’t carried out, there is a risk of unwanted contaminants then leaching into our waterways. Regular maintenance greatly reduces this risk.
As well as this, we manage the trade waste which is created during their manufacturing process. The convenience of having a large and varied fleet means we can either send a small truck to do one of their units or a larger truck to do multiple units.
We help this large food manufacturer look after the gear at their West Auckland factory in these ways:
- Fortnightly servicing and cleaning of fat skimmer tank
- Monthly servicing and cleaning of grease trap
- Quarterly servicing and cleaning of sump, processing sump and receiving sump
- Six-monthly inspection of 13 cesspits
- Yearly servicing and cleaning of 13 cesspits
- Six-monthly inspection of stormwater 360 Filtration System
- Yearly servicing and cleaning of stormwater 360 Filtration System
- Six-monthly inspection of two sand filters
- Yearly servicing and cleaning of two sand filters
If you’re a food manufacturer and want to find out more about our grease trap and converter services, please click HERE