In an industry-leading move, HydroVac now offers air excavation, a revolutionary new innovation that uses compressed air to break up soil, which is then vacuumed up.
Using cutting-edge technology from Germany, we run two sizes of Dry X Excavation trucks so we can help you on both small and large jobs.
There are many benefits to using air excavation, including:
- Excavated material remains dry, giving you the option to reuse the material on site, to reinstate holes or trenches, which in turn, saves all disposal costs. Not only is this an eco-friendly result, it results in a cleaner site, with no piles of dirt building up
- Dry excavation is cheaper than hydro excavation due to no disposal costs (if disposing on site), travel costs from not having to dispose mid-job and no water disposal costs
- There’s no need to hire a truck and a digger – our trucks do both
- Using air is a significantly safer way to excavate around utilities
- It has reduced noise pollution, helpful when operating in suburban areas
- Our trucks offer an extensive reach and work well in smaller, hard-to-reach areas
Air excavation is the safest, fastest, cleanest and most environmentally friendly excavation method.
We can use air excavation to help with:
- Archaeological excavations
- Excavating around tree roots or relocating mature trees — see our case study on this HERE
- Levelling sections
- Digging pools
- Earthworks projects
- Digging post holes
- Creating paths and retaining walls
- Digging basements under houses
- Exposing (oil and gas) pipelines that require replacement protective layers
- Identifying and resolving potential issues during the initial phases of construction & building
- Gas Station Refurbishments
- Tree Root Restoration
- Breaking up and sucking up chunks of material up to 200mm wide
- Removal of bulk rubble from demolition
- Railway work, ballast removal and disposal
- Contaminated materials removal and disposal
- Removing debris from a depth of 45 metres and a distance of 140 metres
If you have a problem you need solving, get in touch.
We’re industry experts in drainage and we’d love to help you!