Hydro excavation is a great technique to protect underground assets – it uses pressurised water to break up soil, which is then vacuumed up.
Our fully trained technicians and operators are experts at this very precise and innovative method of excavation. Using our cutting-edge hydro excavation trucks, our HydroVac operators can quickly, safely and precisely excavate with minimal environmental impact and zero damage.
Using hydro excavation means you don’t end up with the dilemma of a fountain of sewer from a pump line no-one knew was there, the power going out because the cable was supposed to be somewhere else or fibre-optic cables dangling from a digger bucket.
Using hydro excavation, our specialities are:
- Pole and pile holes in tight spaces
- Checking for services below
- Foliage and vegetation trenching without damaging tree roots
- Exposing services for repair, maintenance or to lay new alongside old
- Excavating beneath existing footpaths and driveways with minimal to no damage
- Trenching around transformers without damaging power cables.
Our hydro excavation vacuum trucks are great for:
- Septic tank empties (Find Out More)
- Cesspit cleaning (Find Out More)
- Grease trap and converter cleaning (Find Out More)
- Hydro excavation
- Detention/ retention tanks
- Cleaning up spills and floods (Find Out More)
- Pond clean-ups (Find Out More)
- Pump champers
- Pile holes
- Soak holes
- Concete wash off
Depending on your requirements, our equipment allows us to excavate using the “soft wash” technique through to more difficult basalt media.
Some of the great things we achieved with hydro excavation:
- Excavated 70 pile holes in one day for a tricky house site.
- Excavated 45 tonnes of gravel from behind a retaining wall, 80m away and 12m below the truck.
- Excavated a 50mm-wide trench to a depth of 350mm for broadband lead-ins.
- Pot holing and excavating for the ultra-fast broadband roll-out in Napier, Auckland and Christchurch.
- Excavated a large area to expose a coil of power cable at a substation.
Our trucks are earthed and our technicians and operators carry certified PPE gear to work in any high-risk environment. Find out more about HydroVac health & safety here.
If you have a problem you need solving, get in touch.
We’re industry experts in drainage and we’d love to help you!