If you are in West Auckland or the North Shore, let us help you look after the environment and your family with regular septic tank cleaning and maintenance. We also do council inspections and reports.
Auckland Council requires property owners to provide their inspection and maintenance records for septic tanks and onsite wastewater systems. HydroVac can help you with this service. We complete the paperwork necessary and file it directly with Auckland Council.
- Traditional septic tanks (gravity fed) need to have the system inspected every 3 years. Our price: $180 +GST (includes dye test)
- On-site wastewater treatment plant (this will usually have a pump, air blower or aeration pump) need to be inspected every 6 months. Our price: $200 +GST
Looking after your septic tank with regular cleaning and servicing means:
- you eliminate the health and environmental risks that come from blockages, poor drainage or overflow
- you eliminate bad odours
- your tank should last longer
- you avoid problems with your tank or drainage lines which could result in costly repairs later
Septic tanks usually need emptying every 3-5 years depending on how many people use your toilet/s.
How do you tell when your septic tank needs emptying?
Our friendly customer service can help you figure this out because it depends on the household — how many people live there, the size of your tank, whether you have more people over summer holidays. how many cleaning products you use and so on. Many septic tank manufacturers specify that you clean your tank every six months as a requirement of your warranty.
There are a few signs you should book in for a septic tank empty:
- You can’t remember it being emptied and you’ve lived there 3 years or more
- You notice damp spots in your backyard/property
- You can smell septic odours — in your home, above the tank or from the vent pipe
- Drains in your home are slow to drain
- You have an alarm which is going off
- You suspect something other than human waste or toilet paper has been flushed down the toilet
Our cleaning service means our skilled operators come to you, remove all liquid waste using one of our custom trucks and then take it off site for safe and ethical disposal. We add a specifically designed good bacteria into your tank which helps to break down your waste — this environmentally friendly product is made by a New Zealand company.
If it’s a wastewater issue you have, please visit our wastewater page HERE
If you have a problem you need solving, get in touch.
We’re industry experts in drainage and we’d love to help you!