As well as the standard industry training and compliance we are required to do, we have a strong focus on regular training for our drivers and operators, helping them upskill and develop.
For us, meeting bare minimum industry standards isn’t enough. We strive to provide our staff with as much experience and training in all aspects of the work we do, so that our staff are confident and extremely competent in all areas for our valued customers.
Beyond doing it for the customers, we also want to give our staff the opportunity to develop personally and learn something new, so they can take pride in what they do. It says something about our team that they are all willing and keen to learn.
How we train:
80% of training is hands-on, on site. This is the best way to learn is to experience a job first-hand. The other 20% includes a mix of site inductions, Site Safe, Dangerous Goods training, first aid, and the many other courses our team attends at various locations around Auckland.
We also offer mentoring: trainee operators are usually paired with a senior operator. This gives them insight and knowledge into the various ways of approaching different jobs and how to complete them in the most efficient way. We are very fortunate that our more experienced staff are eager to jump in and train the newer staff and share the tricks of the trade they have learnt over the years.
To ensure our team are developing and the training is working, we carry out audits, on-site checks, ride alongs, in-yard testing and a 3-part sign off process which allows the team to ask questions and develop on site as they go.
Experience, depth and knowledge are the most important aspects of training that we pass down through the company. We encourage all our current staff and future team members to get trained up as quickly as possible so they can reap the rewards because at the end of the day we want our team to feel valued and have opportunities presented to them that they may not find elsewhere!